Knee Pain is a very common problem and often occurs during sports or recreational activities. It can be caused by a sudden injury, or by an underlying condition such as arthritis or osteoporosis, but more surprising symptoms may develop from everyday wear and tear, overuse, or injury. It can affect people of all ages and include swelling, stiffness and pain.
A sudden injury may be caused by a falling on the knee, direct blow to the knee or from abnormal twisting, many times bending the knee or when the knee forcefully hits an object. Pain, swelling or bruising may develop within minutes of the injury. In sudden injury, nerves or blood vessels may be injured and feels week or cold or look pale or blue.
Some of the Symptoms of Knee Pain are –
- Difficult to walking and unable to locking or bend the Knee
- Stiffness, swelling, redness and warmth to the touch
- Weakness, instability and can’t bear the weight on knee
- Inability to fully straighten the knee or Feel as knee is unstable
Excess weight, Lack of Muscle flexibility or strength, certain sports or previous injury can increase the chances of having knee pain.
Many of the Home remedies for knee pain treatment may help relieve pain, swelling, and stiffness.
- Ice reduces both pain and inflammation.
- Compression or wrapping helps to prevent fluid build-up in damaged tissues and maintains knee alignment and stability.
- Avoid high-impact exercise, such as running, skiing, snowboarding, or playing tennis, until your knee is no longer painful or swollen.
What can chiropractic doctor do to help with knee pain?
Knee pain is consistent pain that is not something you need to accept. If you have tried to limit your daily activity levels and take medicines but the knee pain remains bothersome, it is time to communicate the chiropractor. In sudden injury, don’t delay treatment; contact your chiropractic team right now so you can recover as quickly as possible.
Chiropractic Dr. Jas Walia addresses the issues of Knee Pain and also investigates if other alignment issues in another area of the body may actually be the true cause of the knee pain. Dr. Jas Walia Treats all types of knee Pain issues or problems and utilizes their full potential so you can live pain-free.